Successive generations have operated Ebels General Store for 5 generations. Chris Ebels began the endeavor in 1920. He started by delivering goods with a horse drawn cart around the Falmouth area. In 1927 Chris moved his store building to the store’s current location with a full basement under the main floor. Chris added groceries to the hardware and implement lines during the depression. After Chris died, his son John took over the store and joined the Spartan Food Company in 1939. John’s son Harold worked for his father for many years, and in 1960 he purchased a half interest in the store. Harold became complete owner in 1965. In the fall of 1971, Harold completed an addition of the store that doubled its size. Harold also did another addition in 1978 that doubled the size of the store once again.